Local Halls Gap Attractions
In our experience most of our guests, once settled into their residence, are not initially anxious to venture out at the first opportunity. But gradually curiosity for the region takes hold. This is a short list of what you will find very close to home:
- Visit the Halls Gap Zoo Victoria’s biggest privately owned zoo.
- Taste a fabulous range of wines at The Gap Vineyard just five minutes away. All together 20 vineyards in the Grampians and Pyrenees wine districts are within easy driving distance.
- Visit Brambuk the National Park and Aboriginal Cultural Centre for a greater understanding of aboriginal history in the Grampians region.
- Take any of the numerous walks in the Grampians National Park rated from easy to strenuous with walking and touring maps provided in each residence.
- Take home a lasting memory of the Grampians from Rocket Nursery or the Native Plant Nursery at Pomonal.
- Add some spice to your salads with a peppery olive oil from Red Rock Olives, just five minutes away.
- Take a guided night time tour of the National Park consisting of chance encounters with such locals as possums, owls, bats, gliders and many others.
- There are a number of fresh water lakes surrounding Halls Gap (Lake Fyans, Lake Belfield and Lake Lonsdale) that are great for canoeing, boating, fishing or just a leisurely swim to cool off on a warm day.